1. My Test For Saying Yes To A Commitment: How would I feel if I had to do this tomorrow? Before committing to anything that’s the question I ask myself. Because if I commit, someday that tomorrow will come. This helps me focus my efforts. Before I commit to speaking to a bar association I imagine the materials are do tomorrow – I imagine I’m getting on the plane tomorrow and it focuses everything. Try it.
2. Everything Is As It Should Be: One of the things I’ve been working on is acceptance. This week I had to run a quick errand to a store. As I was approaching the checkout line a woman showed up with a large box of returns. There was 1 cashier working. And I had to get to work. I reminded myself of this. And thought maybe this delay is saving me from some peril.
3. Because This Week Could Use Some Hunter S. Thompson: “Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, “Wow what a ride!”
4. Business Book Recommendation: Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits! by Greg Crabtree. The best book I have read about small business finance. It’s a must read if you have or are thinking about having a business.
5. Guilty Pleasure: Candy Corn. Bad for my health. Bad for my teeth. And pure joy.